5 Ways to Replace Missing Teeth
- September 15, 2021
Missing teeth can do a real number on your smile. In addition to creating unsightly gaps, they cause bone loss in your jaw that can make you look old before your time. If nearby teeth shift out of place, it may create a misaligned bite. To prevent all of these negative effects, it’s important to replace missing teeth.
Whether you need to replace a single missing tooth or an entire mouth full, Total Dental Care of South Carolina can help! Your options include:
- Dental Implants With Crowns – When you lose a tooth, you lose the root – which causes the bone around it to rapidly shrink. To avoid this, Dr. Forbes can attach a dental crown to an implant. This keeps your bone intact and strong.
- Implant Bridges and Implant Dentures – You can also replace multiple missing teeth with an implant-supported bridge or implant dentures. Like an implant crown, they keep your jaw strong and healthy. A big advantage to implant dentures is that they stay securely in place without adhesive. Your mouth will feel and function much like it did before, with the ability to eat all kinds of foods.
- All-on-4 or All-on-6 Implants – These procedures use just a few dental implants to support full arches of replacement teeth. Because no more than six implants per jaw are used, this is one of the most affordable ways to replace many teeth using implants.
- Traditional Bridges – If you’d rather not get implants, Dr. Forbes can use a traditional bridge to replace several teeth in a row. Unlike dentures, a bridge stays in place and won’t need to be removed for cleaning.
- Traditional Dentures – You can choose removable partial dentures or removable full dentures. These reliable replacement teeth are more affordable than implants.
Ready to replace missing teeth? Call us today at 803-272-4162 to schedule a consultation in our Columbia, SC office.