Beautiful Veneers To Cover And Protect Damaged Teeth
Dental veneers are thin laminates that are bonded to the front of the tooth. Veneers cover imperfections like chips, cracks, discoloration, and too-short teeth. Instead of braces, veneers can also be used to correct minor gaps and spacing problems. These coverings allow you to get straight, even teeth without the wait.
Dental veneers can be made of resin or porcelain. Resin is affordable, but it is not as durable as porcelain. We make our veneers from porcelain using our CEREC same-day restoration system. Porcelain mimics the translucency and look of real tooth enamel. The shade of white can also be matched to your natural teeth for the most lifelike results.
- Durability. CEREC porcelain veneers can last for decades with proper care and maintenance.
- Painless procedure. We’ll provide local anesthesia and, if desired, oral sedation to ensure a pain-free procedure. In some cases, there are no shots required.
- Quick alternative to braces. For mild misalignment and spacing issues, veneers can make your teeth look straighter and more uniform.
- Eat anything you want. There are no food restrictions when you’re wearing veneers. Just make sure to brush and floss regularly.
- Healthy, natural look. Standard veneers can make your teeth look too perfect or artificial. Our CEREC veneers look so lifelike it’s hard to tell that you’ve had dental work done.
Placing porcelain veneers often requires multiple trips to the dentist. But at Total Dental Care, we can make and place your veneers in one visit with our CEREC porcelain restoration machine. During a consultation, your Columbia, SC dentist will examine your mouth (may involve X-rays) and discuss the pros and cons of the procedure. Dr. Forbes will also determine if porcelain veneers are the best solution to your problem.
Dr. Forbes will prepare the tooth by removing a bit of enamel from the tooth’s surface. This is done to make room for the veneer. Next, Dr. Forbes will take digital teeth impressions using the CEREC machine.
Total Dental Care will check the veneer for proper fit before bonding it to your tooth. Dr. Forbes will also check if the veneer matches the rest of your teeth. With CEREC at Columbia, SC office, we can make any necessary adjustments on the spot. Next, your tooth is cleaned, polished, and roughened. The veneer is then cemented to the tooth with a special adhesive and hardened with a curing light. Finally, the veneer is polished and adjusted. Dr. Forbes may ask you to return for a follow-up visit to check how your gums are tolerating the veneer.
Dr. Forbes is an active member of the South Carolina Dental Association, the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He also attends as many classes as he can to stay up to date with the most modern dental practices and technologies.
Find out if you are a good candidate for porcelain dental veneers. Schedule a consultation with our Columbia, SC dentist at Total Dental Care by calling 803-272-4162. You can also use our online form to make an appointment.