Dental emergencies are often a result of accidental injury or putting off necessary dental care. Postponing treatment only increases the risk of permanent damage and may lead to more expensive and complicated dental work later. It’s important to get treated right away if you are experiencing pain and discomfort.
Total Dental Care understands the need for timely dental treatment. Columbia dentist Dr. Forbes guarantees that patients who need urgent attention will be seen immediately and on the same day.
Dr. Forbes will answer all of your questions and discuss short- and long-term relief for:
- Broken teeth
- Knocked-out teeth
- Lost filling
- Lost crown
- Cut tongue, lip, or cheek
- Broken braces
- Dental implant problems
- Broken jaw
- Head and neck pain
- Problems after dental procedures
On The Way To The Dentist
While you wait for the dentist, you can ease pain temporarily and increase the chances of saving a lost tooth by:
- Gargling with warm water and using dental floss to remove any food or debris that may be causing pain. Call your Columbia dentist right away.
- Saving the pieces of broken tooth and rinsing your mouth with warm water. Apply a cold compress over the area to reduce pain and swelling.
- Avoiding touching the bottom part of the tooth as this can damage the tissues. Rinse the tooth gently to remove dirt and place it back in the socket. Otherwise, place the tooth in a small container with milk or saliva.
Also, if you cut your lip or tongue, clean the cut and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling. Go to the emergency room immediately if bleeding doesn’t stop.
At The Dentist
Once you arrive at our office, we can fix the emergency that you are suffering from, whether it’s a root canal, repairing broken teeth, replacing teeth that you’ve had knocked out, placing a same-day crown, or extracting a tooth. We are on call to see you at any time of the day or night because we know that when an emergency comes to pass, it needs to be taken care of or your oral health will suffer.
When you call our office during an emergency, you will talk with someone from Total Dental Care who will determine if what you are experiencing is, in fact, an emergency. Once it is determined that you are suffering from a dental emergency, we will instruct you to meet Dr. Forbes and some of his staff members at our office.
If you have a dental emergency or need urgent care, call our Columbia dental clinic at 803-272-4162. Dr. Forbes will make sure that you are helped as soon as possible. Don’t become a patient at a dental practice that won’t see you that day to treat your emergency – come to Total Dental Care, where we will make sure your oral health is in order no matter what the situation.